Spring Auction & Gala 2023
Mark your Calendars – Thursday, March 30th
When: 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Where: Skinos, 123 Washington Street
Please join us for open bar, hors d'oeuvres and food stations from 6:30 - 8:30
The auction will begin at 8:30, followed by dancing with a DJ and cash bar.
Tickets are now on sale on our auction platform OneCause.*
Early Bird tickets are $100
On March 1st, tickets go up to $125
*Please consider sponsoring a staff ticket. You can donate a set amount when purchasing tickets, or any amount you feel comfortable by clicking "Make a Donation" on the menu.
This is A Critical Event to Fund our Budget
For the first time in FOUR years the PTA will be hosting our Spring Auction. The event brings parents, teachers and administrators together for an evening of celebration, joy, dancing, and fundraising. This important event has historically raised over $100,000 and is a critical component to being able to continue to fund the important enrichment activities for our children.
We Need Your Help – Auction Items
We also need families to solicit donations. Please consider soliciting one item from one of our many neighborhood businesses or a personal contact. The committee has a list of ideas if you need a jumpstart. Please email email@example.com to get ideas.
How to solicit a donation?
- Take this donation letter to a business and solicit a donation
- Fill out this donation form or directly enter data into OneCause, our auction platform.
- Please return forms to:
- the auction collection box in the office
- OR email firstname.lastname@example.org,
- OR fill out this form so the committee can help follow up and make sure the donation has been collected and entered into our software.
- What kinds of items can be donated?
Anything can be donated but the more successful items are one of a kind experiences (like a private tour of the UN), restaurant certificates, sports tickets and vacation homes.
- What if someone has already asked a local business?
The more they see 276 families the more likely they are to give! You can email email@example.com and we can tell you if we’ve received a particular business donation.
- How many items does the auction need?
In past years, the auction usually had around 200 items. If every family procured one item each we would have plenty of items.
- Can I donate an item myself or does it have to be from a local business?
We love having items from parent owned businesses. We also regularly have parents donate unused gift cards they received.
- Where does the money from the auction go?
The PTA uses 100% of the money raised at the auction for programs for our children next year. These include the library, in class chess, puberty program, the spanish and music programs, and grade specific events.
- Other questions or ideas?
Don't reinvent the wheel! We have a form letter we can send you to use for solicitation and a form for the vendor to fill out describing the donation. Use the webiste to enter directly! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, March 30
- Thursday, April 6
- Friday, April 7
- Saturday, April 8
- Sunday, April 9
- Monday, April 10
- Tuesday, April 11
- Wednesday, April 12